I am regarded as a fast learner and a competent leader by my peers. My professional ratings at my current employer are at the top of the scale. I believe in a work atmosphere that is both productive and enjoyable, and I strive to accomplish that regardless of the role I assume on a team. I work well with others and demand a high level of competency and quality as well as an attention to detail. Communication, along with a clear definition of the parameters in which the team will work is essential. The stronger the team, the stronger the product, and the more people enjoy what they do, the better they will be at it. I am a self-motivated Application Developer and a capable Information Technology professional with demonstrated management ability and networking experience as well strong communication skills, excellent organizational skill, leadership ability, and a high standard of quality.
Bachelor of Business Administration
Specialization in Computer Information Systems May 2008
Jennings A. Jones College of Business
Middle Tennessee State University Murfreesboro, Tennessee
• Object Oriented Programming
• C#, VB.net, ASP.net
• Security Assurance for IS Audit
• Database Design – SQL
• Microsoft Access with VBA
• Business Application Development • Web Development
• Network Development & Design
• Project Management
• Information Resource Management
• Advanced Excel Modeling
• Competitive Management
Notable Accomplishments and Projects
• Developed a basic Social Networking Site as a Senior Project using C# and ASP.net 2.5. The project was awarded a perfect score of 100%.
• Placed 4th out of 67 teams in Application Development Team for the AITP National Conference 2008 in Memphis, Tennessee
• Leader of an Access Database project team in which the project was named “Best in Class”
• Leader of the First Place C# Application Development Team in the 2007 Annual MTSU AITP Conference
• Leader of the Second Place Database Development Team in the 2007 Annual MTSU AITP Conference
• Rated # 1 in a scale from 1 to 5 by my current employer. 1 being highest and 5 being lowest.
• Microsoft C#
• ASP.net 3.5
• Microsoft Access
• Microsoft Excel Data Modeling
• KCura Relativity 4.2 and 5.0
• Autonomy Aungate/Introspect 6
• User interface design
• Ultra Edit/Textpad
• Discovery Cracker
• Regular Expressions
• SQL/SQL Studio 2000-2005
Other relevant -
• Extensive organization ability
• Quick-paced learner
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively and efficiently
• Excellent interpersonal ability
• Ability to solve complex problems both technical and process related
Microsoft .net 3.5 –
C# – Developed a fully functional Post Processing application with the following attributes:
• Custom Namespaces, Classes, Objects, Forms, and Graphics
• Reference Passing
• Various data controls:
- Data Table
- Data Grid View
• Import and Export of data
- XML Serialization
• File validation
• Complete Exception Handling
• Developed a few small tools with limited functionality.
WPF – Windows Presentation Foundation
• Minimal experience, but a solid understanding of the logic and structure of WPF.
Microsoft SQL Server 2005:
• Researched existing databases for troubleshooting a problem solving.
• Analyzed existing database schemas to develop advanced queries to pull project or audit data.
• Development of normalized databases.
- Entity Relationship Diagramming Process Management:
Have participated in committees in process improvement at Deloitte. Many of my ideas have been implemented with much success including:
• Custom Applications
• Team Scheduling
• Shift Transition Protocol
• Project communication improvements and tracking system changes.
• Aided in the conversion of a project based approach to the work at Deloitte to a more “assembly-line” work flow with clear and defined roles for the team members.
• Have documented, and then propagated said processes to multiple offices both in the United Stated and in India.
• Process analysis via Swim Lane Diagrams
• Developed a Skills Matrix in which the team can track performance and training. Has aided the effort to have the right skills in place at the right times optimizing time.
• Taught training sessions for the team within 2 weeks of learning a platform.
Other technical areas:
• Limited experience with VBA scripting in Microsoft Access.
Deloitte, LLP – Financial Advisory Services
Analytic and Forensic Technology – Forensic and Dispute Services Hermitage, Tennessee
Process Architect/Business Analyst June 2009 to present
• Re-engineer existing processes to streamline work and reduce error
• Document new and existing processes using Adobe, Visio, Word, and other programs
• Establish change control management and methodology for use in the organization
• Develop business requirements for processes and applications
• Assist in the creation of Technical Specifications for application development
• Perform User Acceptance Testing
• Develop testing methodology for gauging the outcome of an application project
• Assist in training of team members of new processes and applications
• Create product technical manuals for proprietary applications
Electronic Discovery Operations Supervisor/Technical Lead December 2008 to June 2009
• Staff development: Interview, train, and coach technicians
• Application maintenance: monitor and resolve errors with all relevant platforms using skills in C#, IDOL DB Language, SQL, VB.net, and VBA
• Application development: design and implement proprietary software, using C# and ASP.net technologies to assist in work flow and process
• Project management: manage day-to-day operations of multiple high-profile projects
• Business planning: participate in process building to improve workflow and efficiency
• Technical assistance: assist technicians when programs fail or when more training is required
• Task delegation: delegate various tasks at different stages of the workflow to various team members
• Project tracking: monitor and track the progress of multiple projects simultaneously
• Department coordination: meet with and discuss changes necessary to more efficiently operate between various departments within the organization (Quality Assurance, Client Support, Computer Forensics, and the Field Project Management Teams)
Electronic Discovery Operations Technician Level II May 2008 to December 2008
• Build, populate and maintain Review Databases
• Post-process delimited text load files from various platforms (Attenex, Concordance, Summation, Aungate, Discovery Cracker)
• Enter project data into the Proprietary Project Tracking system (O.T.I.S.)
• Research technical issues and project questions
• Operate network based Electronic Discovery processing platforms (Aungate and Attenex)
• Solve problems using a combination of tools, including text editors, Access, Concordance, and proprietary software and tools.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Department Manager Murfreesboro, Tennessee September 2000 to May 2008
• Staff development: Interviewed, hired, supervised, trained, coached, disciplined and terminated associates
• Controlled Inventory: Maintained an average yearly inventory of $300,000 with seasonal peaks nearing $1,000,000 in merchandise
• Provided in-store support for computer equipment: Handheld terminals, Thin-client terminals, printers, and networking interfaces
• Reduced shrinkage in my department in the first year by 56%